Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week of Firsts

We had a fun and exciting week. Monday we had our playdate. Tuesday my friend, Dawn came over to hang out as well as my friend, Lisa and her daughter Zoe, who I used to babysit when I was in college. (She is 11 now which I can't believe because she was about 9 months old the first time I watched her). It was their first time to see Isabelle, so it was exciting to show her off! Wednesday was my first chance to get some "me" time. As sad as it is, I had this time while going to the dr. all by myself while Grandma Vicky babysat. Can't complain though. I actually got to get in the car with no hassle, only undo 1 seatbelt when arriving and carry nothing but my purse. Happy times! It's funny how easy you forget things once were! Thursday we hung out at home. On Friday I got brave and decided to take both kids to the mall by MYSELF. I was looking for a swimsuit to fit Isabelle, so I thought we might have some luck there. We first went ot Firewheel and although we had been up for hours, it seems that normal people don't shop until around 10. So, we got there very early, saw that they didn't have a Gymboree store and headed over to Collin Creek Mall. I unloaded both kids into the baby limosine stroller and we were off. We went to the indoor playground and I let Riley run around then we had to leave so they could clean the area. So, since both kids were happy, I did a little power walking since none of the stores were opened yet. After a bit, we went up to the food court to get lunch at Sonic and Riley ate so well. He had over half of a regular sized hamburger and most of my fries. We found a swimsuit for Isabelle (3-6 mo. and it fits her big 7 week old body! LOL) that is so cute. We went back to the playground and I let Riley run around for another 1/2 hour before we left. Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. I would say we did pretty good for our first time at the mall. Here is a picture of the kids in the "limo" stroller at the mall.

We had to get a swimsuit because my sister, Misty was bringing her 2 kids over to go swimming later in the afternoon. So, Isabelle got to get in the pool for the first time at 7 weeks old. She loved it, especially when I let her float in my arms.






Best of all, Blair came home Friday night and we got to spend some time with him for the first time in 6 days. We were all excited about that, but especially me!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet swimsuit. :) Brave taking them to the mall alone. I've done the grocery store so far, but only out of necessity.

    ReplyDelete