Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Forbidden Apple

I decided that unless I was going to feed Riley Doritos and birthday cake (left over from his party) for dinner, I was going to have to get up the nerve to take both kids to the grocery store by myself because it was still several days away from Blair getting back into town. So, I packed up both kiddos and we headed to Sprouts for some healthier choices such as fruits and veggies. Riley got to sit in the back of the cart for the 2nd time ever and seemed to be enjoying it. I only had to tell him twice to sit down so by the time we got to the checkout counter, I thought the trip went pretty well. As I went to unload the cart, I noticed that the bag of apples seemed wet...kind of gooey...then I also noticed that one of the apples had a big portion bitten out but still inside the bag because Riley had been in the back of the cart most of the time trying to eat one of the apples through the plastic bag only to tear the skin off, but not swallow it. Thank goodness he didn't suffocate!! So, when I say we are going to the grocery store and hopefully we all make it home alive, it really is a test of survival to some extent. Luckily, he just looked at me with a goofy smile like nothing was wrong instead of a pale blue face. I explained to the checker, who picked up the soggy bag, with embarassment that this was only the 2nd time I had taken both kids to the store with me. She just simply replied, "Still getting the hang of it, huh"? I would say so!! When I told Blair that we had gone to the store he asked how I did that, even before I told him about Riley's apple binge. Needless to say, he's not going to be crazy enough to try this feat for a while and I think neither will I!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh you're brave. I would have called for help. :) Glad he survived the apples. I am so afraid of plastic.

    ReplyDelete